Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jessie Grace Lawson

Jessie at her spring ballet recital
This year was a very wonderful year for me. My most favorite thing that happened to me this year is that my family and I got to go to Costa Rica. I had a very good time! When I got back I have felt God calling me to missions in Costa Rica.  We also went to Alabama and Virginia Beach, for church and other purposes, where I made many new friends. My Brother David and I went to Wisconsin to spend some time with our grandparents. While we were there we got to visit our great grandma (G.G.) and got to go to the Minnesota State fair. My family and I took a field trip for school to Frankfort to visit the Kentucky history museum. That was really cool! Speaking of school, my favorite subject this year was probably science. It is my most favorite subject to study! 

This whole year I have started to save my money to buy a small laptop.  I needed to save around $300 and so far I have saved about  $140, thanks to the relatives who sent me birthday money and my baby-sitting job at the church. This year I went into 6th grade and that now means that I can go to youth group at our church, where I sing on the worship team. I, as most of you might know, like to sing, and Mommy and Daddy say I am good at it. This year I also started doing pointe at my ballet school. I love doing but it is kind of hard sometimes.

This year I wanted to go to our church camp at Camp McPherson.  But my Mom and Dad made a decision that if we wanted to go we needed to raise half of the money, which was $75. For a fundraiser, I made handmade jewelry such as earrings, necklaces and bracelets. I raised more than what I needed, about $120!
I am still interested and collect rocks. I LOVE to read!!! It is my new favorite thing to do! I also like to knit a lot. I have knitted myself a scarf and I am working on a scarf and blanket right now. 
Jessie at Virginia Beach!

Well that is pretty much it! Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment